PBMC Health is our commitment to improving the quality of life and health in the communities we serve
PBMC Health is a team of more than 1,200 caring professionals who are working together to address the full range of health and wellness needs of the people of Riverhead and the surrounding communities, as well as all of Suffolk County and Eastern Long Island.
As a comprehensive continuum of care, PBMC Health provides a growing range of leading edge services and resources focused on every stage of life:
- From pre-natal care and the moment of birth... upwards of 500 babies are born each year in our newly renovated birthing suites.
- To your active, athletic years... one of Long Island's most highly regarded centers for orthopedic surgery, Peconic Bay Medical Center has been designated as a Center of Excellence for Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery, and also as a Center of Excellence for Bariatric Weight-Loss Surgery.
- To caring for your family... our growing network of community-based Family Care physician practices is soon to be extended with urgent care and a wealth of other primary care resources at our new Manorville campus.
- To providing advanced community hospital capabilities and resources... Peconic Bay Medical Center offers outstanding Emergency Care, and is a Designated Stroke Center, and has been rated in the top three hospitals in both the Tri-State area and all of New York State for patient safety by a national consumer rating agency.
- To providing the region's most comprehensive home care, rehabilitation services and end-of-life care... our home care agency serves all of Eastern Suffolk County; our in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation programs are very highly regarded; and our Pegasus House Palliative Care Program focuses on the special needs of patients and families during the most serious illnesses, providing pain management, comfort care and end-of-life care in a comforting family-friendly setting.
We strive to be the healthcare provider of choice for our communities, and we are continually enhancing our Medical Center and community-based resources with state-of-the-art technology and comprehensive services.
We take our mission statement to provide quality, comprehensive and compassionate care to the communities we serve very seriously, and we pledge to do our very best to deliver outstanding, quality care to you and your loved ones. It's what we do, and it's who we are.
Please Join Us In Our Mission
Improving the quality of life in our communities is a job we all must share. We ask you to join us in making a commitment to make a difference:
- Make smart health and life-style choices for yourself and your family.
- Get regular check-ups and be thorough in your preventive care.
- Eat healthy foods, get regular exercise, and be active in the community.
And if, in addition to all this, you still have more to offer, please consider supporting your community hospital and PBMC Health as a volunteer or a contributor to our annual campaign.
Andrew J. Mitchell, FACHE
President and CEO
Chair, Board of Directors