Peconic Bay Medical Center Corporate Compliance Program
The Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct provide direction for our staff to conduct business with integrity and in accordance with all Federal, State and Local Laws and regulatory organizations.
Code of Conduct
The Medical Center's Code of Conduct states our beliefs and how we care for all patients:
- We are committed to providing a caring and comfortable environment and to insure that each employee makes a contribution to create this environment.
- We are committed to complying with the standards of the Joint Commission and to assure that the Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are committed to avoiding any activity, practice or act that may bring in to question Peconic Bay Medical Center's honesty and integrity.
- We are committed to complying with all laws, regulations and standards and other compliance requirements that govern our operation.
- We are committed to the proposition that all billings for patient services are properly documented in accordance with the Medical Center's policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- We are committed to using our resources wisely to insure that we serve the needs of the communities we care for.
Corporate Compliance Program
Our Corporate Compliance Program outlines the means by which the Code of Conduct is implemented and monitored.
The Medical Center's corporate compliance Program provides for a reporting system whereby unethical or conduct that is counter to the laws, rules, regulations and standards that govern our day-to-day activities is identified and addressed. Every individual including patients, visitors, our physicians and employees has the absolute right to report any suspected violation of the Medical Center's Code of Conduct to Ron McManus, Vice President of Business Development and Corporate Affairs at 631-548-6071, or firstname.lastname@example.org. An alternative is the Medical Center's Compliance Helpline available at 631-548-6073 which is confidential and available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. All calls will be responded to personally by the Corporate Compliance Officer. Individuals will not be subject to any reprisal for reporting any suspected violation of the Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.