- Services and Specialty Care
- Allergy and Asthma
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Center for Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiology and Coronary Care
- Colorectal Surgery
- Family Practice - Pediatrics - Internal Medicine
- Gynecological Oncology
- Hernia Surgery
- Peconic Bay Home Health
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Laboratory Services
- Maternity Services
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Spine Surgery
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Pain Management
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Interventional Radiology
- Peconic Bay Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Speech Therapy
- Urgent & Walk-In Care
- Patients and Visitors
- Directions & Parking
- Visitor Information
- Gift Shop
- Your Stay
- Financial Aid
- Contracted Service Groups
- PBMC Clinicians/Participating Insurance Plans
- Participating Managed Care Plans
PBMC Health Emergency Center
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 for assistance immediately.
- For maps and detailed directions to the PBMC Health Emergency Center, click here.
Staffed by trauma-trained Stony Brook University Hospital emergency physicians, Peconic Bay Medical Center's expanded, advanced-technology Emergency Center treats nearly 32,000 patients a year quickly, compassionately and efficiently.
A designated Stroke Center—a distinction the New York State Department of Health only gives to healthcare facilities capable of providing sophisticated care at a rapid pace—the Emergency Center features state-of-the-art diagnostic technology, modern facilities, and a highly trained Emergency team staff.
Equipped with some of the most modern technology available, including a 64-slice CT scanner, PBMC's Health Emergency Center also offers:
- New modern facilities
- Private patient rooms with flat-screen televisions
- Professional staff providing quality nursing care
- Advanced lifesaving technology
Featuring separate and distinct Emergency Units, Peconic Bay's Emergency Center is committed to providing the highest quality compassionate care to the communities it serves.
An affiliate of Stony Brook University Medical Center, it is one of two clinical sites staffed by faculty from the Stony Brook University's Department of Emergency Medicine. After the expansion of PBMC Health Emergency Center was completed in 2008, the 27-bed, state-of-the-art facility saw a significant uptick in annual patient volume, now at more than 30,000 case a year.
High-acuity cases requiring stabilization and transfer are sent to Stony Brook University Medical Center. Staffing includes physicians, mid level practitioners and resident and medical students rotating from Stony Brook.