Kanas Center for Advanced Surgery
- Ranked in the top 10 percent in the nation for general surgery
- Surgical venue for two designated Centers of Excellence: for Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery
- Designed with input from top surgeons to maximize patient safety and surgical capability
- Home of the sophisticated, minimally invasive daVinci Robotic Surgery System. Learn more about this remarkable advance in surgical technology and safety.
One of the most advanced surgical facilities on Long Island, the 21,000-square-foot Kanas Center pavilion comprises open spaces and natural lighting which offer a comfortable and confidence-building environment for patients and their families. Each 650-square-foot operating room is equipped with the latest in patient safety equipment, surgical technology and real time audio and video feeds:
- Latest generation physiological monitoring and anesthesia systems
- State-of-the-art computer controlled air filtration system to protect against airborne infections
- The highest definition monitors and latest generation of medical video systems for exceptional viewing capability
- Audio and video connections allowing real-time consultations or teaching applications anywhere in the world
- Advanced LED lighting producing true to life color accuracy with virtually no shadows Surgical field video linked to pathology microscopes
- Instant access to patient imaging studies, electronic medical records, pathology, intra-operative imaging
- Ergonomic room design means less surgical fatigue, fewer distractions, and faster surgeries
The Kanas Center also features an in-unit patient registration suite which includes a 12-bed ambulatory surgery area with individual bedside flat-screen televisions; four private pre-surgery anesthesia suites; and a 12-bed post-anesthesia care unit with advanced patient monitoring.