Wound Care Program
Peconic Bay Home Health Services provides advanced-technology wound care treatment in the comfort of patients' homes. The program is designed for home-bound patients for whom it is advisable to alleviate the difficulties and dangers of trips to the hospital for wound-care services.
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse Specialist on staff for evaluation, staging and recommendation of treatments
- Registered Nurses knowledgeable and competent in all aspects of wound care including Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, Hydroferra Blue, Calcium Alginates, Silver Dressings, compression dressings including Unna Boots andmore
- KCI certified Wound Vac Therapy RN's
- PBHS will evaluate surfaces and recommend equipment then assist in procuring
- Home Health Aide services available for personal care and ADL assistance
- PBHS will arrange for necessary dressing supplies
- Social Work services available for short term counseling and communityresource referral
- Registered Dietician available for evaluation and recommendations.
- PBHS obtains authorization from commercial payers
- Participation in Medicare and Medicaid programs
- PBHS will bill directly to payer-no forms for patient to complete