- Services and Specialty Care
- Allergy and Asthma
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Center for Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiology and Coronary Care
- Colorectal Surgery
- Family Practice - Pediatrics - Internal Medicine
- Gynecological Oncology
- Hernia Surgery
- Peconic Bay Home Health
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Laboratory Services
- Maternity Services
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Pain Management
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Interventional Radiology
- Peconic Bay Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Speech Therapy
- Urgent & Walk-In Care
- Patients and Visitors
- Directions & Parking
- Visitor Information
- Gift Shop
- Your Stay
- Financial Aid
- Contracted Service Groups
- PBMC Clinicians/Participating Insurance Plans
- Participating Managed Care Plans
- Newly renovated birthing suites provide enhanced comfort, privacy and security.
- Our expert teams of skilled physicians and specially trained nurses deliver approximately 450 babies each year.
For more information, call 631-548-6290
Peconic Bay Medical Center's newly renovated Maternity Services unit offers a comfortable environment for this most important and special time in your life. Our expert teams of skilled physicians and specially trained nurses deliver about 450 babies each year.
Childbirth preparation and infant care classes are provided free to those who plan to deliver at Peconic Bay Medical Center.
Expectant mothers may have their companion of choice during labor. Newborns may remain in their mother's room during the stay at the hospital. After delivery, the newborn nursery offers one-on-one baby care education, including support from an on-staff lactation expert.
Under the direction of staff obstetricians, family practice residents from the School of Medicine at Stony Brook University participate in a medical residency program in obstetrics at Peconic Bay, providing new mothers with an additional source of care and attention.
Peconic Bay Medical Center subscribes to the Neonatal Network, a 24-hour educational TV channel that offers authoritative advice on newborn and infant care in both English and Spanish.
For more information about Maternity Services and the schedule of childbirth classes, call 631-548-6290.