- Peconic Bay Medical Center Receives Prestigious American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Honor
- Peconic Bay Medical Center Board Votes to Join North Shore LIJ
- Peconic Bay Medical Center Awarded Advanced Certification For Primary Stroke Centers From The Joint Commission
- Diabetes Risk?
- Raising Awareness For Breast Cancer and Other Women's Cancers
- Arthur Crowe, VP of Support Services & CIO, Peconic Bay Medical Center, Chapter 1
- PBMC Health Joins American Cancer Society and the Cancer Services Program of Suffolk County To Paint the Town Blue
- National Wear Red Day
- LI2day Walk Team Chinese Auction Fundraiser & Benefit Dinner
- PBMC Health's Agostino Cervone, MD, FACS hosts first da Vinci Single Site Case Observation Site on Long Island
- Peconic Bay Medical Center - Three Organizations Honored for Physician Partnership Initiatives
- PBMC Health Awarded Certification From The Joint Commission
- "Dancing With The Stars" 700 Knee and Hip Replacement Patients Celebrate Success by Dancing at Peconic Bay Medical Center’s Annual BBQ & Dance
- Peconic Bay Medical Center Hospitals & Health Networks 2013 Most Wired Innovator Award Finalist
- Michael O’Donnell, Chief Financial Officer at PBMC Health, Recipient of Long Island Business News Award
- George R. Ruggiero, DO Named President of the Suffolk County Medical Society
- New to the area? PBMC Health primary care practices accepting new patients
- New Manorville Campus offers Urgent Care, Pediatrics, Ob-Gyn and More
- Join us in advancing the quality of life and health for our communities
- PBMC Health to Construct New Medical Campus in Manorville
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness
- PBMC Health Hosts Dedication of The Gertrude & Louis Feil Campus for Ambulatory Care: Receives Largest Philanthropic Donation to Date
- Peconic Bay Medical Center Adds New Specialist in Pediatric Medicine
- Peconic Bay Medical Center Adds New Director of Orthopedic Fracture and Trauma Services
PBMC Health to Construct New Medical Campus in Manorville
Peconic Bay Medical Health System (PBMC Health) has announced the establishment of a major medical ambulatory health campus, to be called the Campus for Advanced Ambulatory and Preventive Care, in Manorville, New York.
PBMC Health is the umbrella organization that includes Peconic Bay MedicalCenter, the largest hospital on Long Island's East End; Peconic Bay Home Care; Peconic Bay Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation; and a growing number of physician practices covering a large portion of eastern Suffolk County.
Building the new Manorville campus is recognition of the large and growing population in central Suffolk County, as well as the need under Federal healthcare reform to develop medical services beyond hospital care, and PBMC Health's focus on preventative health care.
The campus will encompass over 25,000 square feet of medical and ambulatory care offices in 3 to 4 new buildings. The site is located on County Rd 111 just south of Exit 70 of the Long Island Expressway. Developed by Parkridge Development, the complex also includes a CVS pharmacy and several retail stores.
The first PBMC Health building on the new campus, currently scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2013, will include a primary/family care office, an Ob/Gyn practice, pediatrics and an urgent care center. The second building, currently in design, will include a center for digestive diseases, urology services and general surgery. Plans for the remaining buildings are still in development.
The PBMC Health Manorville campus has received support from the Suffolk County Industrial Development Agency . According to Andrew Mitchell, FACHE, President and CEO of PBMC Health and Peconic Bay Medical Center, PBMC is a tax exempt organization and needed assistance from the IDA since PBMC must lease the property.
"PBMC Health is extremely excited to bring a new ambulatory campus to the residents of Manorville and the surrounding communities," stated Mr. Mitchell. "This is a model ambulatory program for the future just as the Kanas Center for Advanced Surgery at Peconic Bay Medical Center was the model for advanced surgical care for East End residents," he added.
Sherry Patterson, the Chairperson of Peconic Bay Medical Center, added, "Manorville and the surrounding communities have had limited access to advanced medical services due to the lack of medical offices in the area. PBMC Health is thrilled to help fill this unmet need and provide quality healthcare close to home."