The world of health care is complex. We encounter problems when making a first-time appointment with a primary care doctor, getting a referral to a specialist, or when having a procedure approved and scheduled takes too much time.
Peconic Bay Medical Center can smooth things over for you and make your health care more convenient, while meeting the criteria you would expect from a highly rated healthcare center.
What Should You Look For in a Health Care Center?
If payment is a concern for you, try and find a Federally Qualified Health Center as they will treat you regardless of your ability to pay. With payment issues set aside, the things to look for in a health center is a continuum of health care that goes from birth to passing.
Peconic Bay Medical Center does this and does it with a number of award winning services to boot. All of our services are provided under our own organization. This makes transferring and updating your medical records a snap, as we use electronic medical records with the most advanced security features to protect your privacy. Our hospital has received superior ratings for patient safety. Peconic Bay Medical Center is a designated Stroke Center, home to the highly regarded Peconic Bay Medical Center Emergency Center and offers Centers of Excellence in Bariatrics and Joint Replacement. Other services we provide are:
- The Kansas Center for Advanced Surgery. The surgery center includes the da Vinci Surgical Robotics Program, allowing our surgeons[MT1] to use state-of-the-art robotics technology to improve patient safety and outcomes.
- Pegasus House Palliative Care Program. The Palliative Care Program seeks to ease pain and suffering while providing the best possible quality of life for patients afflicted with chronic or life-limiting illnesses.
- Grossman Imaging Center. The PBMC Grossman Imaging Center is the East End's most advanced diagnostic center, equipped with the newest GE CT, MRI, Ultrasound and 3D Digital Mammography technology.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Richard B. Rubenstein, MD Center for Bariatric Surgery
- Tick-Related Disease Center
- Cancer Services
- Nutritional Services
For more information about PBMC or to schedule a physician appointment, contact us at 631 548-6000.